Being a home based travel agency having started my business just a short while ago coupled with the fact that I started with 0 clients, means I am constantly looking for ways to save money. Every dollar I save means an extra dollar I can put towards the cost of running my business. Since I assume every home based travel agent out there hopes to save money, I’m sharing one of the many ways I accomplish this – through a free money saving and deal consolidating website membership called Fat Wallet.
I’ve made it a habit to check Fat Wallet before making any and all purchases online. Regardless of what merchant you’re buying from, chances are they are a part of Fat Wallet’s extensive list of participating businesses. Not only can you find exclusive deals available only to Fat Wallet members and subscribers but you also receive cash back on purchases varying from 2% to 25%+. Your cash back is credited usually within 10 days after you make the purchase on the merchants website and you can cash out to your bank account or via PayPal whenever you want.
How Does Fat Wallet Work?
It’s simple, once you register using the link below, each time you’re about to make an online purchase, login to your Fat Wallet account and check to see if the merchant you’re buying from participates on Fat Wallet.
- Type the name of the business in the search box, click “Go”.
- Check out the deals, coupons and forum posts to see if there is an offer that relates to your purchase.
- On the results page, look for the company and the % cash back available. Click on “Shop Now”.
- In the window that pops up, feel free to add a note to remind you of the purchase.
- Shop as you normally do on the merchant’s website.
- After your order has had a chance to process, ship and payout, check your Fat Wallet account for payment.
|Search for the merchant you plan to make a purchase from|
|Add a note to help you remember the purchase.|
Only looking at purchases I’ve made over the last 30 days has earned me over $30 bucks! That’s $30 free dollar bills I would have never received had it not been for Fat Wallet! I encourage you to try it out, implementing a quick trip to Fat Wallet’s website as often as possible! Leave any comments or questions in the comments section below and make sure you share your tips for saving money too!